Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Unfair

I read a devotional yesterday that really got me thinking. It is from the Our Daily Bread.
It was about how people that don't do the right thing come out on top and those who do the right thing don't seem to get what they deserve. " A businessman cheats yet wins the big contract , and the guy who parties all the time is robust and healthy- while you or your loved ones struggle with  finances or medical issues."( Our Daily Bread) .

I know I feel this way alot , with us wanting our little farm and those who have farms and don't use them and let them rot away, when my husband and I have so  much passion to farm and can't do it. We wish people would just give us their farms so we can actually use it. I have to stop and remember God is in control and He has a place for us! Just in His timing.

I know the feelings that I have are not really the same as what was in this devotional, but it made me think about my jealousy and how I think things are unfair,  but to be reminded that  God knows our wants and desires of our hearts. My mom and dad gave me a block magnet that I have by my desk that when I get fustrated or discouraged about having a farm I look and and read. It is Jeremiah 29:11:

" I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


This just gives me hope and reminds me that God does want us to have hope and know he has plans for our future, just sit back and enjoy the ride. :)

Hope you all have a great week!
 ~Katie








 

No comments:

Post a Comment