Tuesday, January 12, 2016

New blog series

Hi Everyone! Starting this new year I am going to be starting a blog series. I am wanting to work on my food budget this year, as one of my goals. So as usual I am going to be giving myself $350.00 a month for a budget. I will be documenting my store trips (with pictures of what I bought) and my menu plan for that week. My goal is to stay on budget or better yet get below my budget and then put the extra money into our savings.

Sound good? Do you want to join me? Let me know if you are joining, I would love to see how everyone else is doing!
So I know we are already a few weeks in to Jan., but I will post my latest shopping trip and what my amount I have left for my Jan. budget! So here we go! Yay!


Today I stopped at Darrenkamp's to pick up a few items, but also stopped by the reduced meats, veg. and bread area. I got some great deals!

***Tip always check these areas out! You can save a really good amount of money, on these types of things and if you can't use the items now freeze them! I love stocking up on breads, rolls and bagels! I just stick them in my freezer and just pull them out when I am ready to use.



Shopping trip items:

Bananas- $1.50
Baby carrots- $0.99
Milk- $3.19
Sugar-$5.99
Bread- $ 1.00 (reduced)
3 packages rolls-  $3.00 (reduced)
hot dog buns-$1.50 (reduced)
Perdue Mesquite chicken breasts- $2.99 (reduced from 9.99!)
Hatfield hot dogs- $0.99 (reduced)
Sandwich bags- $2.00 (on sale)

Total: $23.22 (includes 5 cent discount for bringing my own bag and tax)


Left of January budget: $159.04




Menu Plan;

Chicken pot pie, butterhorns
Tacos (using black beans from the freezer), corn
Chicken noodle soup, freezer biscuits
Homemade pizzas, broccoli
Blueberry Pancakes
Baked Chicken, gravy, tator tots, green beans( from our garden)
Spaghetti, homemade garlic bread, steamed carrots

*This menu was made with items I already have in my fridge, freezer, or pantry*



Do you have any tips that helps you save money on your shopping trips? I would love to hear them!

~Katie







No comments:

Post a Comment