Monday, July 29, 2013

We are free!

       I am so excited to announce our family is finally Debt Free!!! After a very long journey we have finally made it to financial freedom! We started our journey after having Kyle our oldest son in 2007. Where I was introduced to Dave Ramsey and his baby steps!  And from there we dove in head first! I got his book from our local library ( so it would be free!). Then I researched his website and Tom and I sat down and made a budget we were determined to stick to no matter what! I listened to his show live from his website everyday ( still do!) to get encourage from others who were doing their debt free screams,  and listening to others calling in with questions about their journey. We also downloaded his free budget forms, which we still use today.

      So fast forward through  two layoffs and the birth of our 2nd son! We are finally debt free except for our house which is on the list to pay off early! I wanted to take a moment to thank God for helping us through this journey. He is the only reason we made it to where we are today. I would also like to thank our families and friends for your encouragement and listening ears while we were going through this journey. And for the praise and excitement for us as we finally made it!

We love you all and are excited to see what is next for us on our journey!

      I encourage everyone to read Dave Ramsey's book or even check out his website to start your journey to becoming debt free!

     Those who are already on this journey it may seem like you will never get there, but never give up just keep going and before you know it you will have reached your goal of freedom!


God bless you all!

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment