Wednesday, July 24, 2013

It's that time of year again!

I am so grateful it has finally cooled down this week, from that horrible heat we were having. The rain was a blessing too. Now all the plants are happy and not so brown anymore!

On other news.. its that time of year again! Back to school shopping ! Now some of you might be the type that hate this time of year. I am one of those people that love this time of year! Since my son Kyle starts 1st grade this year, yes I am still trying to wrap my head around that! I am  getting ready to do some back to school shopping for him.

I was always one of those kids that loved getting new school supplies! I still do! ( I know there are some of you out there that love it just as much, if not more then your kids do! hahah).  So I am getting ready to get some of the good sales on supplies and clothing that I am seeing. Do any of you have a favorite place to do your back to school shopping? I would love to hear about them!

I am looking into things I can do for my youngest Tyler who is 3. Some types of "school/learning" things for him and I to do since his brother will be at school. Any recommendations?

I know during this time of year moms mostly get very stressed because their schedules are being packed full with sports, music, church activities,etc. I like to remember a verse that really brings me comfort through the stressful times. Phillipians 4:13, " I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." .

Also during these hectic times remember first and foremost to spend sometime with God, Asking him to be with you through this day and to help you to not get stressed over these things in life. Secondly, remember to take time for yourself whether that be reading a book, taking a walk, listening to music , taking a bubble bath or just sitting in a chair and enjoying the quiet. Your no help to anyone if you are tired, stressed, frazzled and haven't had anytime for yourself.

So even though this time of year can be stressful , remember to have time with God and to take time for yourself!

Have a wonderful day!

~ Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment