Well tomorrow we officially start our journey on the 14 weeks mini pledge. I am excited but also a little nervous mostly with how the boys are going to take it. But we will find out.
Week one is : Eat two fruits and / or vegetables per meal.
This won't be hard since almost all of our meals we usually have a banana with breakfast, a fruit and vegetable with lunch and supper. So this week shouldnt be to hard . So we added something to this week. We are not going to buy anything that has more than 5 ingredients in it. Yes this will definitely be a challenge! But I am excited to see how much we can get at the store with this rule. Should be interesting!
So here is the menu plan for week one of the pledge:
Breakfasts- ( this will be for all week)
- eggs and cinnamon raisin toast with orange slices or banana
- Oatmeal with fruit
- whole wheat french toast, yogurt with berries
- Berry smoothie, toast
Lunches-(choices for the week)
- grilled cheese and tomato soup, grapes/apple
- Apple sandwiches, cucumber slices, granola
- Peanut butter sandwich( on whole wheat bread), applesauce, peaches
- Pancake sandwich ( cream cheese and homemade strawberry jam), applesauce, carrots
- Whole wheat pizzas, peas, apple slices
- Egg casserole, thawed berries and yogurt ( veggies in the egg casserole)
- Whole wheat mac and cheese, salad, pineapple
- Whole wheat banana pancakes, oranges/grapes, real maple syrup
- Baked chicken, whole wheat noodles, corn and peas
- Whole grain fettuccine ( going to try to make it homemade if I have time), Homemade Alfredo sauce, broccoli, mixed fruit
- Quesadillas ( veggies inside), kids just have cheese with raw veggies, strawberries
- Homemade chicken nuggets, corn, leftover fruit
So we shall see how this goes :) If your are joining us on this adventure I would love to see what your menu looks like! The more the merrier! Please invite your friends to follow and join us on this journey!
Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!
Don't forget to link up to the Barn Hop! Barn Hop #99!