Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Busy Busy

Today was a busy day! I froze 6lbs. of potatoes and 3lbs. of green beans. Our freezer is really looking like it is getting ready for the winter. I am hoping to get enough frozen/ canned that we won't need to buy fruits/ veggies during the winter months. I am going to go to Roots market on Tuesday night next week and go to the produce auction. !!! I am so excited! I have never been there before but our one neighbor went and got a huge box of produce for $1.00 and 6 tubs of ice cream for $1!! Crazy! She said she would take me but even not maybe Tom and I will go! Yay!!

On a worse note, it was so hot today! It was 93 degrees and our corn I think had it's last day. Thankfully my zucchini is still hanging in there. I did see a couple of flowers blooming so hopefully I can get a few zucchini to freeze. I can't wait for fall to be here that is for sure. I am not a heat person. I love spring and summer because I can plant my garden but the heat is just crazy. Hopefully next year we will have a more mild summer.

Kyle starts our church's "school" next tuesday! He is really excited and so am I to have atleast 3 hours to run errands or just to have time to myself sort of. :) Hopefully Tyler will be sleeping during this time. I can't think of anything else for tonight! So I hope you all are doing great!

Happy Homesteading from the Wagner family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment