Monday, March 2, 2015

Are we normal.....Yes!

      As I re- read my one post on what we eat, it sounded like we weren't normal. Yes we like grass fed, beef, farm eggs, etc. Do we always eat this? No, we are just like everyone else! This food can be a lot more expensive and for good reasons, but we are on a budget that doesn't always allow for this. So yes, it is something we strive for, but we also have to think about the financial goals we have set as well.


     We would like to pay our house off early............. like 15 yrs. early. So not all the foods we would like to buy we can. When we can get grass fed beef, organic chicken, etc. We do. It is a motivation for us, for when we don't have that mortgage payment the things and food we will be able to buy, and not feel like I'm robbing half my grocery budget to eat it now.


     So, yes we are normal, and no we are not perfect,eating organic every night and day.  I do try to buy stuff when it is deeply discounted (like manager specials on the organic meats and freeze them), or when I find a really great coupon and combine it with a sale going on. I also use coupons for products that aren't organic either.


      I sometimes get myself down about not buying everything organic or grass fed, since I do know how good it is for you. Right now though is that time in our lives that we can't do that on a daily, weekly basis.


      I do try to buy healthy though , but like I said as much as I can on a very tight food budget we have set. During the summer months, I do get a lot of my fruits/ veggies from farm stands and Root's markets( a large market with many food vendors with produce, etc.), and might try again this year to go to the produce auctions they have to get some more canning done.

    So even if you can't buy organic, you can still have amazing meals buying local ingredients from local famers.

   So, yes we are normal!


~ Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment