Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Modesty

I know this is a touchy subject for a lot of people. But I am wanting to know your input on this. What is modesty to you?



For me modesty is for me to dress covering everything nicely. ( not saying long sleeves dresses). But I have two sons and even though they are young. I want them to respect me and the way I present myself and I  hope one day they will want to find a girl who does the same.



Today's styles I can honestly say, are NOT my styles. I am not a mall person, I will gladly stay on my little homestead and be very happy. But the last time I went to the mall I was shocked at a lot of the clothing. I couldn't believe how short the skirts and shorts were, how low the shirts were cut! Any one else feel this way??




A lot of people who know me, know that I am a tomboy. But I am still a girl who likes to dress up when I can.  I was searching for a company who was feminine but also modest, this company hit the mark!  She has beautiful clothing and other things for not only women but girls as well. I would recommend checking her company out.




Also, if you have time she writes a great blog as well! Go here to check it out! Every Monday she has a Modest Monday , where she shares a picture of what she wore a day that week. Also has some great things about homeschooling as well.


Just a thought on my mind and was curious what your thoughts were!

Katie

2 comments:

  1. I am with you! This past year I have been thinking a lot about modesty (especially b/c I now have a little girl). I also am a tomboy, but have been shifting towards dressing in a modest, more feminine way. I have viewed that website before and have found some other good ones too. Some of my favs are the Jewish clothing sites b/c the skirts are all at least knee length. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I am with you Jenny! I am very much a tomboy as well. Would love the sites you found! :)

    ReplyDelete