Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Update on the homestead

Well things have been busy around here with my oldest son starting first grade last week, cleaning up the gardens for fall. We still have some tomatoes and peppers that are still producing but everything else has slowed down.

I'm hoping to can some apples this coming week . I am looking forward to making apple pie filling, applesauce, apple butter, apple crisp and pies. When apple season gets here I get really excited that fall is coming just around the corner. My favorite time of year!

We have been still looking for a homestead but the Lord has been closing doors on ones we thought would be perfect. But He knows better then we do what is perfect for us!  So we will continue to pray and wait.

Tom and I just finished making a farm house table and bench for our dining area. I have fallen in love with it. :( Sorry for the messy background :) )


I have always wanted a table like this and it is something we made together. Something we could pass down to our boys to have when we are gone.  I am so blessed to have a husband who has the skills to build things like this.  We spent around $200.00 on this project. 


So what is going on at your homesteads? Are your gardens finishing up for the year? Did you plant any fall crops? I would love to hear about it! :)


~ Katie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! I can't believe you have a first grader!! Wow! They sure grow up fast. Your table is just beautiful and what a special memory you guys made by building it together. Enjoy your fall. Even tho school is in full swing, we are still enjoying summer temps in the 80's & 90's here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Jenny!! I can't believe it! Thank you, we wanted it to be something we could hand down our family. Oh my that is warm! We are actually in sweatshirt weather by evening here and leaves have slowly started to fall. Loving this weather! You will need to come up and enjoy this weather! Miss talking to you! Hope you all are doing great! Kyle asked about you the other day! He asked if we could go see your goats! haha

    ReplyDelete