Saturday, April 27, 2013

Lessons

Well the Lord is really teaching us the lesson  of patience.  Tom and I were going to look at a homestead that was perfect for what we wanted, well God had other plans! The day we were going to go to the showing our realitor called and said the house was under agreement! ( it was only on the market for about a week). If that   wasn't God shutting the door I don't know what! LOL So he obviously didn't want us to move there.

So we will keep looking but just wait for God to point out the perfect place for us! Its out there somewhere! :)


Other news, we are beginning to make a list of places we would like to go this year for summer vacation. We like to stick around the area and do day trips. We are definitely planning a day trip to the beach since Kyle hasn't been there since he was around 1 yr. old and Tyler has never been. Even if the kids don't want to go in the water, we will have a fun day in the sand! Other vacation ideas are the zoo and aquariums around. The boys love animals and fish so I think that will be a big hit for them!


And one of my favorite highlights will be when I have a summer break from work and get to go to our local farmers market!! I haven't been there in so long and truly miss it! Tom and I are also going to be going to the animal auction that the farmers market has in the evenings there. To see how much rabbits go for so we have an idea of how much we will be getting for Happy's babies.

News about Happy, still looking for a male to breed her . It is seeming to be quite a trick to get the breed we are looking for in this area. All breeders of this breed seem to be down south. But we will keep looking!


The garden is doing really well. We are enjoying some lettuce from it already! I didn't get my tomato seeds started soon enough for my tomatoes or peppers ( hectic life and cold), so I will be going to get those at a local greenhouse. Hopefully next year I will be on top of the seed starting a little better.


I have been reminding myself to pray throughout the day for all the blessings that my family and I have, even the ones that I think are small! I encourage you to be thankful and pray to Thank God for every little blessing He has and will give you! Without Him none of this ( our little homestead, vegetable garden, my children, loving husband, our little house, food on the table, coffee (haha had to stick that in there)  Would not be possible!

God bless you all and your little blessings God has given you!,


~ Katie

1 comment:

  1. I always love reading your updates! Todays reminds me to be thankful for even the small things! Thanks so much for being an encouragement! I love your little homestead!!!

    ReplyDelete