Wednesday, March 13, 2013

update

Since it has been a little since I have posted last , I thought I would update you on what is going on at our little homestead. Last Saturday/ Sunday we prepared our raised beds for planting. Kyle and I planted carrots, two kinds of lettuce, our sugar snap peas and some potatoes. We also put in two new blueberry bushes (since our dog ate the last two!).

We also finished up splitting Happy's rabbit cage into two cages so we could fit smokey outside with her. It looks great and we used things we had laying around the house and shed to make it so didn't cost us a thing! Love when that happens! :)

We have also gotten the opportunity to bottle feed some baby boar goats for a lady who works with my husband. The boys love it! I will share pics soon ! We are so excited about this opportunity to work with the same kind of goats we are wanting to raise! So blessed! Kyle really wants to show one now at our fair! haha


I am planning on doing some canning this week/weekend. Also getting some canning ham recipes since Easter is just around the corner and I'm sure there are going to be some awesome sales!  I am hoping to get some baked beans canned, chicken broth, dried beans, and a sausage soup.

Any canning recipes you think I should try? I would love some new ones to try!


I hope everything is going great on your homesteads!


God Bless,

Katie

1 comment:

  1. I haven't thought about canning ham! Will have to check in to that. Chili beans are so delicious canned at home! I am eating some now, and they are so good! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete