Sunday, August 22, 2010

Thinking alot today.

Today was a great day at church and in our fellowship group. I came out wanting to try harder to better myself and the way I do/ say things.

Today after church my husband and I packed up the kids and headed to Lowes to pick up materials to put up an Amish laundry line! That is my anniversary gift from Tom and I love it!!

I have been thinking alot of how much we would love to move to an acre or more and have our homestead, but right now that is not an option. We may live in a 650sq. foot home, but we are living within our means and using as much of our yard to do the garden of foods we want to do and it is teaching us how to do things so we will know how to do them even better when we do go to our future home.

I was reading a blog today about what would you do if the United States went through the Great Depression again? How would you survive and how would you feed your family? It is sure something to think about. It is so amazing to hear stories and read recipes that people who went through the great Depression ate and did during the Depression. Alot of the meals seem really tasty and they are so simply. Now a days people would probally turn there noses up at something like that, but hey I'm going to try it! :)

I planted a small garden of fall crops for freezing and I'm going to try and can some salsa from the tomatoes from our garden(the tiny tomatoes). Hopefully next year we will get some big ones to be able to make some tomatoe sauce from. I put in the garden some spinach, snap peas, we will see how they do, and some brussel sprouts (my first attempt at growing these so I'm excited to see how these turn out :) )

Tom's dad took Kyle to the Amtrack station in town and he got to see a train, well the rest of the night all we heard was about the train! hahaha I wouldn't trade that for anything though! I love seeing how he is growing and learning and really so excited about life! I love that and it is just so contageous!

Well it is getting late and have a lot of laundry to do tomorrow!!Yay, I get to use my new line!
Another day done with the Wagner clan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment