Sunday, April 27, 2014

Giving God all the Control

Sorry I haven't been on in a bit, but wow there has been a whirlwind of excitement around here! So we prayed after we refinanced and just asking God to let us know we made the right decision with this. And just didn't feel completely settled in our spirits, even though we kept telling ourselves we were fine, happy and okay with staying here.

So, we decided to just put our house on the market and see if there would be any interest in our house. We were thinking there maybe a few that would come through and say" aww that's cute but not for us".  So we had many showings as soon as it hit the market. And even had a few 2nd showings!  So they came and saw the house, so we waited, waited and waited for comments or offers .We continued to pray that God show us if this is what He wanted and that for the first time at least for me, I fully put Him in control of the situation.

We got an offer we couldn't turn down, God truly showed us this is what He wanted. Then we found a house on 1.8 acres , where we can have goats, chickens and a huge garden! They took our offer!

When God is in full control and we hand over the what ifs and but I wants, and let God have it all, AMAZING things happen. Our hearts are so full of Praise, Rejoicing and Thankfulness!! We have learned so much on this journey of 6-7 years. That verse I love so much, ( and the verse to this blog)  Jeremiah 29:11 , " I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, " plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future."


We would like to thank all of our friends, family and you all here for the encouragement and prayers! Things might get even more busy while we back and get things moving on our settlement on our little urban homestead. But as soon as we are settle at our in laws for a few weeks I will try to get on and blog some more on where we go from there :)

Happy Homesteading!

~ Katie

1 comment:

  1. Katie- I am just now reading this post and I am so excited that you were finally able to find the land for your homestead. I just loving reading your updates and seeing the journey that your family is making. We too will be putting our home on the market shortly and I hope that it sells as quickly as yours! It is so exciting to be able to have the goats, chickens, and garden. My kids enjoy getting the eggs out of the coop and I hope once our house is built, that my husband will let us get a goat or two :) Keep the posts coming and keep me updated on your journey!
    Chelsea Mowrer

    ReplyDelete